Saturday, February 2, 2008

Just a boring update

I've been meaning to update for a couple of days, but nothing interesting or cool has happened lately. My transmission went out earlier this week, and after several days without a car, and several thousand in the hole, I have my car back. I don't have to drag Colby out of bed to take me to work and school in the mornings anymore.


I have a small confession. With all this snow we've been getting, I feel like a little school girl dying for school to be cancelled. For some reason, I just want one snow day so bad. Every time it snows, I call the University only to be disappointed that classes remain scheduled.

We also put our house up for sale last week. We've had several calls, and a couple of people have come to look at it, but no real prospects yet. Hopefully we'll find someone who will want to buy it when we're ready to move.

9 comments:

Glenda said...

You deserve a snow day! Weber State has had 2 or 3! Glad you have your car back, and love that flyer Colby had on your house selling project! The heart Rock picture on the left of your blog is so cool! Did you actually take that picture?

Parry's said...

That totally sucks about your car...get your hopes up on the insurance and then they screwed you over. Well it is fixed and yeah you have transportation now! It is Sunday morning and it is dumping snow here...so pray for tommorrow a snow day! hahaha

Unknown said...

Yes, i loved it when we had school out! larry, i have emailed you TWO TIMES! are you not getting them??? dang. i just re sent them, so now that's 3, let me know if you get them! love you bud

Holly said...

They canceled our church today. IT was an awesome snow day!! We really enjoyed just getting to stay home!! It makes me kind of sad to think of you selling your house. That picture of it is so cute and quaint!! Love ya

The Funderburks said...

I am with you on wanting a snow day! I have 10 more times that I have to drive to the U for class. I could go for 9 or 8 - snow!! Sorry about your car trauma. That is a great picture of your house.

Laurie Bingham said...

About the "heart rock" picture. Colby did take it...of course. We found it on a hike.

Bethers said...

This is the first time I have seen your home...it is darling! It shouldn't be hard to sell at all.

Sherydon said...

That totally sucks about your car!! I wish for snow days all the time, i think we all do!! Good luck with selling your house, it must be so bittersweet!! It will be great to have you guys closer!!

Carly said...

Your house is sooo cute!