Sunday, January 27, 2008

Four and More Things About Laurie

A) Four Jobs that I have had:
1. Maintenence Worker at Flying J Refinery (3 years)
2. Nanny
3. Janitor (one of the few jobs a white girl could find in Hawaii. It may sound a little sad, but it was the most entertaining job I've ever had. I got to teach the Asians popular English. My favorite was about our "supervisor", Dave: "Dave, you have PMS today? You bad attitude, but so cute" They all had crushes on him)
4. Selling light bulbs (provided by my dad) door-to-door to finance my Europe Trip in 9th Grade
(#1 and #4 were my dad's subtle ways of telling me to go to college)

B) Four Movies I could watch over and over:
1. Last of the Mohican's
2. The Painted Veil
3. Earth to Meekus
4. Napoleon Dynamite

C) Four Places I have lived:
1. Centerville, Utah
2. Laie, Hawaii
3. Coto de Caza, California
4. Logan, Utah

D) Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. The News
2. Lost
3. CSI
4. The Office

E) Four Places I have been in my life:
1. Washington, D.C.
2. Paris, France
3. Barcelona, Spain
4. The Oregon Coast

F) Four of my Favorite Foods:
1. Cornbread
2. Eclaires
3. German Pancakes
4. The Bingham's famous trifle

G) Four Places I would rather be right now:
1. In some hot springs
2. Lounging in a hammock on a beach
3. On a cruise (I've never been on one)
4. Still alseep in my bed.

H) Four things I look forward to in 2008:
1. Finishing this semester
2. Selling our house
3. Starting to build our new house in Bear Lake
4. Graduation!

I invite anyone who has read this post to respond!

13 comments:

Parry's said...

Fun things about you. I thought I knew you so well, but I learned more. Such fun things to look forward to in 2008!

Jamie said...

We missed seeing you guys over the Holidays too! Glad to know you had a good time :) Congrats on graduation! I didn't realize you were so well traveled, I really must get a passport and a stamp in it! Also, I have never been on a cruise either, so if/when you decide to go give us a call!

Glenda said...

It was fun to read this! Some Fun exeriences and some learning ones to. It was great to see you Sunday.... And I guess the news about the car is better than expected!!!!

Bethers said...

I didn't know you were so well-traveled and I love a girl who has had some real jobs that took grit and gumption!

Holly said...

You got sucked into the Bingham Family trifle too. It is the best. It is fun to learn more about you. You are an amazing person!

The Funderburks said...

Laurie, you are so cool! You have been so many great places. What is the news about the car? I want to know if anyone knows anyone who doesn't love that darn trifle!?

The Funderburks said...

and you're tagged. Sorry! check my blog.

Cali said...

Reading your list of jobs made me have the best visual. A visual of you driving a forklift, wearing a hard hat, and bringing your lunch in a hard lunch pail (not sure you had the hard lunch pail, but it enhanced the visual). I think you should add a fifth to each of those. That was so interesting/fun to read.

christi said...

Hey I want to try some of the Bingham Family Trifle. I love reading all the stuff that you post.

Sara said...

Larry! hi littlebaby... im sorry i´didn´t get to see you before i left to peru. Whats up? i miss you..

lvo, sara

Unknown said...

hey lar,
that made me so happy! how are you? i forgot about your janitor job..hahahaha

Unknown said...

larry,
THANK you for reminding me of the hanging over the bed clapping carnival song thing. that made me so happy. i love you bud

Paul Carolyn said...

I love reading your blog. It brings back lots of memories. Life changes and goes by pretty fast. Enjoy the moment!