Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Colby Jay!!!

Today Colby turns 25...one quarter of a Century!!! We are still hanging out with Doug and Glenda, so I don't have access to my computer and pictures. I had to steal Colby's laptop and this is what I found...doing only one of the things he loves to do. Colby loves being active and finding adventures. Good thing he has 10 lives. Here's a list of Colby's top 25 attributes:
1.He can touch his nose with his tongue.(easily)
2. He can speak sentences when he burps.
3. He likes to joke around.
4. He loves his nieces and nephews.
5. He loves enjoying nature.
6. He enjoys teasing people...especially me!
7. He has funny toes.
8. His dog, Alta.
9. He is an excellent cook...anything he creates in the kitchen always turns out amazing!
10. He has an incredible, supportive family.
11.He has a cool truck:)
12. He always knows what is "cool".
13. He is passionate about the things he loves.
14. He is good at figuring out how to fix things; he never leaves anything unfinished.
15. He is a hard worker.
16. He knows exactly how to capture the most beautiful aspects of nature.
17. He's good at tickling my back (when he actually does it!)
18. He loves Alta and wishes she was human. (This is where his soft spot comes out).
19. He is creative and knows how to put things togther so it looks good.
20. He is a Night Owl...the complete opposite of me.
21. His sense of humor.
22. Everybody who knows him, loves him.
23. He enjoys helping those who need it.
24. He can make this wierd noise when you touch his cheek, and all the kids love to touch it and laugh.
25. He is talented in many things: cooking, skiing, photography, his mad dance skills...just to name a few.
Happy Birthday Colby! I love you!

11 comments:

Glenda said...

Happy Birthday Colby! I love you and am so glad you and Laurie have been able to spend a few days here. You are my HERO.....I have got to get back on track and do a B-day blog for you!!! Love Mom

Unknown said...

HEY GUYS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLB! where are you guys and what are you up to?? we really want to see you! call us!
love
ash and todd

Parry's said...

All of those 25 attributes are awesome. Tonight at dinner Natalee said "Mom colby can touch his nose with his tongue!" She adores him.. I love all the things you wrote He is lucky to have you apart of his lfe and so is my whole family!

The Funderburks said...

Ha - I have totally witnessed the sentence slash belch. So funny. And Colby does always know what is "cool" except he would call it "kewl".

Holly said...

yes--colby is totally amazing! I love the 25 things.. Colby all the way!

Bethers said...

Happy Birthday Colby! It was fun reading about all your talents and quirky skills! Photography would be at the top of the list with rock climbing and surviving! Have a great celebration. You are both "cool!"

mare said...

Happy Birthday Colby--

Colby said...

Thanks guys.
But: I don't burp, that's just gross.
And thanks Laurie. Love You.

Cali said...

large,

I loved your posts. Mostly I loved your "two years of Adventures". I also thought it was hilarious that Colby wishes Alta were a human. If she even had opposable thumbs, I think she would try to take a pillow to you in your sleep. She seems the jealous type.

Cali

Cali said...

Happy Birthday Colby,

I'm so glad you found Large. I still remember her calling me the night after she first met you. She may deny it, but I told her I thought you had a lot of character. I was right.

Cali

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.