Our life seems to be always crazy and busy. It still hasn't slowed down, but we have been able to pause for a moment while Colby recovers from his kidney transplant. This week has been filled with many blessings, but also many trials. I have never been so emotionally tried and stressed as this week, but things are looking up. We feel so blessed to be given a kidney~ a chance for normality in life. I am filled with grateful curiosity for the individual who decided to donate her kidney to someone in need- to a complete stranger. I hope we will be able to learn about this person in the near future. Although this kidney is a blessing, it is also a trial to put your whole life on hold: work, finances, our home, the berry bowl, etc. I have no other choice than to rely on FAITH, FAMILY and GOOD FRIENDS that we will make it through! So many other things have happened this week that are hard to relay to others our exact feelings. I thought I was already emotionally drained when Alta decided to run away. Boy was I wrong! Alta chased a cat around 10 pm from my parents house and shortly after, fireworks started and she booked it up the street. We searched until 1:30 am with no luck. I thought for sure she would come back in the night and be waiting on the porch or scratch on the door. I woke up at 4 am in a panic that she had not come back yet. I waited until 5:30 when it was getting light to start searching again. My dad and I paced the streets and headed up the canyon, hanging fliers of our lost dog as we went. We hung fliers at the parade, on garbage cans, and nearly every telephone pole in the Centervile city limits. My dad made an announcement at the police auction at the park, and my cousin even spent the day searching the hills on her four-wheeler with her friends. We searched behind grocery stores dumpsters, church yards and waterways. This dog was definitely lost. We barely made it into Farmington and I thought there was no way she would go this far before coming off the mountain to find shade and water. I was a little more than surprised when she was found in Fruit Heights on busy Highway 89 late that evening! Although I never want to experience that panic and loss I felt for our sweet dog, I feel this miracle was exactly what I needed to snap me out of my funk (I have no other way of describing it). Colby continues to make progress and he is so relaxed and calm with this transplant. I am hoping that this one will be a keeper!
The day before the transplant my boss asked me if I was going to leave work early and do something fun with Colby before his surgery. I stumbled for words at the word "fun". She caught me off guard because our life doesn't always revolve around "fun". We tried to catch a movie but we didn't make it to the city in enough time. Instead, we hiked a little bit up Mueller Park Canyon. I took a "pre-transplant" picture and also documented our fun. Hopefully more "fun" times will be had with our new kidney and un-lost pup.
(Ironically, Alta has been lost up this canyon before. I guess it was good we left her at my parents:))
6 comments:
I hope that You and Colby have lots of "fun" in the future. I feel very blessed to have you and Colby family. Know that I am here for you. Love you guys.
Holy cow Large! It sounds like your little family has been through a lot recently. I'm excited about the transplant for you guys-we will pray that Colby will continue to be healthy. It sounds like you have some really good people in your life and that is such a blessing.
I am also so glad you found Alta! Some people don't understand that your pets become such a huge piece to a family. We had our dog go missing once for 1/2 a day and it was the worst feeling ever! I'm glad she is back.
If you ever need a place to have some fun, come to Montana!
We are praying and thinking about you guys:)
So Glad you posted this emotional week! It was one wild ride! I love how you said Alta being lost snapped you out of your funk, that is a good way to put it! This was 24 hours that put us all in a Funk! I just love the picture of you and Colby! Love you both so much! And am truely Thank-ful for the Genuine lady that wanted to Donate a Kidney to anyone in need! We wittnessed Miracles this past week!
What's fun about dialysis at 4 AM every day?! I really hope this kidney is a keeper too. The two of you have been through so much and deserve a break. I know you have been blessed and (as crazy as it sounds) that your trials have been blessings too. I love you both so much and want the best for you. Glad Alta was found - I knew she'd find his way back.
*her way back!
Laurie! You and Colby have been in my prayers all week. While you were here in Centerville, searching for Alta, we were at Bear Lake, and stopped by the Berry Bowl (which is the cutest, hippest place ever....love it!) and heard about Colby's transplant. Anyway, let us know how things go! Love you so much!
Post a Comment