Sunday, October 25, 2009

domestic

{ Christi, Me, Jody, Michelle, and my Mom}

These are my sisters. They are all pretty talented in many ways, but somehow I got skipped on any "talent" genes. When it comes to sewing all 3 + my mom are crafty and amazing. I am trying to join their ranks but still not measuring up. I got an old sewing machine from my grandma so I have been trying out a few projects.

My sister Michelle got this neat pattern for an apron. She has been sewing away for many people making these reversible aprons. I decided to give them a whirl. I have made a couple of them and gave some to Breck and Brie for their wedding. {I tried to make a "manly" one for Breck.}



This one was for Brie





and this one for Breck.


just trying it on to make sure it fits;)




My next project has been burp cloths. I have made a few before with my mom, but this is the first time I have done any on my own:




I've had fun trying to figure out these patterns, but this is definately still not one my talents.
Dont' look too close!

7 comments:

mare said...

larry. i am in love love with that apron. i know it won't look as cute on me, but i still want to pay you to make me one. i realized the other day that i have been married for five years and have yet to own an apron. probably cause i don't cook...

The Funderburks said...

WHATEVER! They are so cute and you are SO TALENTED. I really love it - the fabric you chose for Brie's is way cute! I need to start some sewing projects.

Parry's said...

You are domestic in many ways. i love how you are always whipping up cookies. Love the aprons. i want to hire you:}

christi said...

Laurie they look way cute!! and don't sell yourself short you have many wonderful talents and you are crafty

Jamie said...

They look pretty darn good to me! And I am feeling some motivation starting to bubble up... thank you for the inspiration!

breezy said...

Laurie you did wonderful on the aprons we both loved them i used my lastnight I LOVE it and it looks sooo much cutier on you!!!

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

I love the aprons. Super cute.
-Emily