Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Moose, Etc.

We have been surrounded by moose the past few days. We wake up to them thrashing through the trees, staring in the windows, and making all sorts of weird noises.

This guy was hanging out under the deck and in the flower beds (luckily they were not planted yet)

The back balcony is perfect for viewing them, we were right on top of this guy.

I like this one, with the leaves and stuff.

Big Daddy and Jr. They were sparring the other day.

Here's some footage of it.


In the evening, out the back door.

Looking out a window.

Alta is pretty curious about them, but just watches and luckily doesn't chase.

Also, Colby recently refinished a dresser for our bedroom. We had this in our Logan house, and it was originally Colby's parents. It is good quality, but had that oak look.

This is what it looked like.
First he sanded it, to remove the smoothe finish, then he put on a stain killer.

This is it with the base color and the crackle medium.

The finished product, with new hardware.


Finally, in the bedroom. I love it!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Oooh I love it too! Nice work. And I would be completely freaked out with all those moose hanging around, have you ever had an encounter with one when you've been outside?

The Funderburks said...

I love the dresser - it looks really good. Nice job. I can't wait to see it in person. The moose are really pretty...how funny.

Noriko Anderson said...

The dresser looks amazing... nice job... and you have the best view of the fall colors... so beautiful and how fun to have moose around...

breezy said...

I love the dresser i want one for my houes i love it i have been looking at some and they are like 300 dollars so you saved some $$$$ that way for sure! I hope to see you guys soon love the pretty leaves changing!

christi said...

Those Moose pictures are awesome I wish they would have been around when I was up there. The dresser is amazing Colby did an awesome job.

Lee Bingham said...

You live in the best place ever! And your dresser looks awesome. Way to go!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh. i love moose. i love that picture of alta looking at it. that is so awesome! and the dresser in sweet! you guys have always had such good taste. miss you guys! love you. !

Brooke said...

Colby is talented! What a nice dresser! I can't believe Alto just sits and watches the mooses (sp?) roam around, what a good dog! Any dog I know around here would be howling up a storm!

Jordan and Heidi Jensen said...

Those pictures of the moose turned out awesome!! I can't wait to show Lily...she'll go CraZy!! She has this CD called "moose songs"....that she listens to over and over and over!....It's got songs like "There's a moose in the treehouse, eatin' cookies dancing round' the cookie jar"...lots of silly kid songs like that....over and over and over she listens! Darn words get stuck in your head ALL day;o) I have no doubt that she'll break out in song when she sees the pictures of your little...or aheemmmm BIG friends!:o) My fav. is the two big bulls with all the fall leaves! Gorgeous!
Oh and ask Colby if I can hire him to work on my house;o)..luv the dresser! Turned out so great!:o)

DevJam said...

holy crap, large! i can't believe you are living with the moose. they probably just aren't used to you two living there yet. what beautiful animals! i miss you and want to see you soon. i hope all is well. tell colby he did a great job on the dresser.