Monday, December 22, 2008

three








Today is our third anniversary! Sometimes I can't believe it's been this long, and sometimes I can't believe it's only been three years. Whew, we have really been through some adventures, but I am happy to say that this year has been Colby's healthiest! My sister tagged me a while ago about your significant other, and I thought I would do it around our anniversary. So here it goes:


1. Where did you meet? Colby and I met in the USU parking lot. It's not what you think: I was waiting until 9 o'clock to get my car out for free and he walked out with some friends after watching a ski movie on campus.


2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? I was surprised that Colby even came over to talk to me. I was even more shocked after I met him because then I found out how shy he is!


3. Do you remember what he was wearing? Not really, a beanie and a soft shell ski jacket?


4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? At his house, after we watched a movie. It's kind of a funny story. He asked if he could kiss me, but I hadn't kissed anyone before so I was really nervous and I think I told him no. About 10 minutes later, he scooted over, pecked me on the lips, then scooted back over to his seat! (We ended up having a lot of "first-kiss" awkward moments)


5. Where did you go for your first date? Coldstone. It was me and Colby, his friend Brett, my friend, Ash Bash, and of course, ALTA! It was in October and raining. We got our ice cream and then ate in the back of the truck so we didn't leave Alta out.


6. When were you officially a couple? Probably after our several first kisses. We met in October, but didn't start dating officially until May.


7. How did he ask you out? He would always call me. Colby called me a lot, even before we started dating.


8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yes. We went for a hike up Rattlesnake Canyon in Wellsville. I feel bad because it was a really hot day and I wasn't in the mood to hike, but we kept going! And going. And going! We kept hiking because Colby was looking for a rock to set his camera on; he wanted to pretend to set up the camera to take our picture, but have it actually recording while he proposed. He never found a good rock but he proposed anyway!


9. Do you have kids together? Not yet. Just Alta.


10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? Everyday (just kidding)


11. When was the first time you realized that you liked him? After we started dating I wasn't too sure if I really liked Colby or not. Then he went on a family vacation to New York. I was soooo bored and sad without him and that's when I realized that I really liked him


12. Do you get along with his family? Yes, they are some of my best friends!


13. Do you trust this person? Yes, but not always when he drives. He tends to pay more attention to the mountains, possible ski runs, etc, etc, and not the road:)


14. Do you see him as your partner in your future? Of course, unless he runs out of his nine lives...


15. What is the best gift he gave you? This isn't tangible, but Colby has really helped me to develop some personal qualities, like confidence, selflessness, patience and service to others.


16. What is one thing he does that gets on your nerves? Well, I wish he would tickle back my back more often:)


17. Where do you see each other fifteen years from now? Living in the mountains and being hermits (that is Colby's dream!)


18. What causes the most arguments? Right now, our house. We are finding out that we have very different opinions and taste


19. How long have you been together? Total, just over 4 years, but married for only 3


20. Are you married? um, yes.

Here are some pictures 'through the years'
















6 comments:

mare said...

happy anniversary the larry. i'm so glad you two kids are healthier and happy. sure love you. (will i see you on the 26th?)

Lu said...

Happy anniversary!! I loved seeing all your pictures. You guys have done a lot! And congrats on graduating. You have done so much. It was really good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. Merry Christmas!

Lu

The Funderburks said...

Happy Anniversary! I love all the pics.

Glenda said...

Happy late Anniversery! I love the recap pictures of the past 3 years! It has been 3 years jam packed with fun, excitment, ups and downs, laughs and tears! I love you, Happy Anniversary!

Debi said...

Oh Laurie, you two are so cute together. Happy Anniversary!

Holly said...

3 years! where has the time gone?? we love you two! You are a darling couple! My favorite is that picture of you on the bikes!