Sunday, December 7, 2008

Caramel Apple Extravaganza


On Saturday, my sisters, my mom and myself got together to make some festive holiday caramel dipped apples. This is how we did it: after washing and drying the apples we stuck in the sticks



then we melted huge blocks of caramel to dip the apples in



after letting the caramel set, we melted and dipped the apples in vanilla chocolate

lastly, we chose our flavor: butterfinger, oreo, candy cane, skor, cinnamon sugar or toasted coconut





the whole crew: Michelle, Canon, Christi, me, Jody and my mom. After we were done, we made about 90 dipped apples!

13 comments:

Katie Jo said...

oh wow! How fun is that? Now i'm craving a carmel dipped apple! They look way yummy!

robinski said...

those look about as delightful as can be.

Bethers said...

They looks so good and professional. Is this a tradition? Were they for something special?

Noriko Anderson said...

oh my... I'm salivating... but I'm too lazy to make my own, so I may make a trip to rocky mountain chocolate factory... I would LOVE to get together... anytime is good... If it is just girls anytime, keep in mind I will have my kids, namely out of control Ethan... If it is with husbands, John gets done with work at 4:00 everyday, so anytime after that... and of course weekends... Yeah, I want to meet this man that Cali is marrying... Someone from Moses Lake told me it was "hush hush".. whatever... We will have to get her to come to Utah so we can meet him!

Parry's said...

Thanks for SHARINg! They were yummy. Now I want you to help me make some.
THat must have been a lot of cookie sheets. What a cute picture of all of you!

Parry's said...

Thanks for SHARINg! They were yummy. Now I want you to help me make some.
THat must have been a lot of cookie sheets. What a cute picture of all of you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those look so so good! It's making me a little hungry...

Glenda said...

What a fun idea! Thet are beautiful, and look as professional as Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory! I love the picture of you with all of your sisters and mom, and of course that little cutie, Cannon!

The Funderburks said...

Y U M. I can't wait until we come up there. You girls are so darling.

Danielle and Brian said...

oh my!! Those apples are calling my name!! Especially the toasted coconut one! SO YUMMY!!

Jolene said...

Where did you get the carmel. I love to make them but I don't love to unwrap carmels. They do indeed look amazingly wonderful

Jo said...

Cute pics laurie! Thanks again for watching Canon, and no, he is not any sicker- in fact he is almost better. Hopefully you are too!

Sara said...

I wish you would have brought me one! im sad now. those look so so so so sososo so good.