Sunday, September 16, 2007

Adventures in Logan Canyon

(I thought I already had this picture on, but this the old house we came across...i think it looks pretty cool.)
In honor of Ash Bash's Birthday, and our engagement anniversary (yes, I will take any excuse to celebrate), Colby and I decided to drop all the projects we were working on, and go up the canyon for a hike and some climbing. For those that know Colby, you know that it is "uncool" to climb where others are, so we had to find a spot where no one else was. We decided to start at Wood Camp and hike down the river to a spot that Colby had seen from the road. Shortly after we started hiking, Alta kept racing up and down the trail like she normally does, but today she was purposely trying to take me out; ramming into my leg. Colby informed me that maybe she was mad that I was accomanying them on their hike. Damn dog! All we do is compete for the love of the same man, daily. You'll hear more about this dog later. The hike started out good, with a cool view of the river and the changing leaves.



These are just some cool shots of the canyon. I can't believe it is already time for fall! A few leaves are starting to change.


After we had been hiking for a while, we found ourselves in thick and dense branches and tress.
It was kind of hard to maneuver through it, but this lasted for quite sometime. Then, randomly, we came across the remnants of an old house, in the middle of this mess. It was pretty cool. There's pictures below. We continued swimming through the branches, and finally came to the bottom of the spot where Colby had seen. After more navigation, we found it to be impossible to reach the crack he had wanted to climb. We decided to go back to the river, cross it, and walk up the road back to our car. I really wasn't excited to wade through the river, but I didn't want to go back the way we came, so I geared up for the trek. We came to the river and found a spot to enter, but it was a little deep. I wanted to go up the river a little farther to find a better spot, but Colby grabbed Alta and went for it. Alta freaked, and they both fell in the river...with Colby's awesome camera, my semi-awesome camera, and Colby's cell phone. What a disaster. Since they were in, I had to get in, but once we were in, it was too thick to get out on the other side. We had to walk up the river for about 10 minutes to find a spot to get out, so that was last of my pictures. Luckily, everything is ok. My camera had some wierd issues for a while, but seems to be ok now. Never a dull moment.


That basically sums up our adventures for yesterday, but I am sure there will be more to follow.





Just a quick update from me, I started school, and am keeping pretty busy with that. I also started a new job at a pediatric clinic, and it is working out great...I really like it. I am just trying to keep up with work, school, Colby and Alta.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh largie,
how wonderfully fitting for you and colby on your engagement anniversary! hahahaha. only you guys. i love it. i was pleased as punch to see 2 words on your blog... one was of course my name, and the other was 'damn'. hahahha. i miss you a whole whole bunch large. i was just thinking how lucky i am that i have you as a friend. oh. miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love you,
ashbobash

mare said...

I am not even kind of surprised by this river disaster. I can just see you freaking out and trying not to laugh but really being mad at the same time. and then saying, "never a dull moment" afterwards. oh larry. it made me so so happy. I am sorry for you though-- it didn't sound way fun. glad your camera works too.

love you

mare said...

ahhahha. i had missed the part about alta running into your leg trying to take you out. damn dog! that is better times ten... oh larry!