Thursday, August 23, 2007

Summer Days...Already Slipped Away



Well, I guess you could say that summer is almost over, and my Quick-N-Tasty days in Bear Lake are coming to an end. I get to attend school this semester, after taking a year-and-half break. I am excited to be back and on my way to finally graduating...hopefully someday soon. Although the summer was pretty crazy and busy, we did get to fit in a couple of fun adventures. Between work, 2 weddings, and the arrival of a new baby, there wasn't a whole lot of time to relax and enjoy the summer days, but we did manage to squeeze a few in. The most productive thing that Colby and I were able to do was setting up for Home Hemo Dialysis. After 3 weeks of training down in Salt Lake, we are finally at our house and doing dialysis 6 days a week. Although it is more comfortable and convenient at our house, it is also very stressful and takes a lot of responsibility. We have both learned a lot, and I am seeing that I should have gone to school to be a nurse.






Alta and me enjoying beautiful Logan Canyon
Above: Our awsome backyard that we didn't get to enjoy and relax as much as I would have liked.



Colby taking a climb in Cottonwood Canyon.
Above: Just a cool water picture that I stole off of Colby's camera. (He's the real photographer.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh larry, you have been a blogging fool! you look so cute in all your pictures and i'm not just saying that so other people will read it on your blog! that baby is cute too, and tell michelle congratulations! i miss you larry! quick and tasty days are ending?? i could go for a shake right now, love you, ashbash.
p.s. remember texting on your bed/??? i feel like a part of my life has gone back to that if you know what i mean. tell colb hi! we miss you both!

mare said...

oh larry. your backyard does look awesome. that is truth. I am so excited for you to finish school. The quick n tasty has it's pleasures I'm sure, but it will be good for you to be done :)

How is the whole dialysis thing going? Has it made a big difference for Colb?

i miss you here in the b.c. It's okay here. It has been incredibly stressful lately though. I teach all day and then I come home exhausted and work at the apt. at night. It's just a lot of responsibility for me. The fire alarms have been going off inside the complex non-stop because they are broken I guess, but it's annoying and a technician can't come to fix it for a few days. OH well. I shouldn't complain, we are saving a lot of money, I just am having a hard time adjusting to all the change and not getting much rest.

McKell said...

Hey Large this is McKell, Todd's little sister. Well I stopped at Quick'N'Tasty today and got a shake. I actually saw you there but by the time I got to the window you were at the back of the store, and I didn't want to make a scene. Thanks for the delicious milkshake, I could tell you made it especially for me.